Event Types in Business Central | Business Event | Integrated Event | Internal Event | Global Event | Trigger Event
custom event that the AL code raises.
formal contract è not to change in future releases.
published by è ISVs, including Microsoft.
They are therefore ideal for workflow.
Business activities shouldn't be related to implementation specifics.
such as the fields or tables where the data is kept.
2. Integration events
- An AL code-generated custom event, such as a business event,
- Can be changes
- Can expose implementation details.
- The major goal is to make it possible for alternative solutions to be integrated with Dynamics 365 Business Central without the need for customary code alterations.
3. Internal Event
It is only available from within the same module for subscription.
4. Global Events
- Predefined System events
- Automatically raised by base applications –
- There are one or two global events for the majority of these global method triggers:
- a before
- after event.
- Local methods specify the global events as integration event publishers.
5. Trigger events
- Pre-defined events
- published by the runtime
- they cannot be raised programmatically.
- There are two types of trigger events:
- database trigger events
- page trigger events.
Database trigger events
whenever the system executes database actions on a table object, such as
renaming a record
defined in a table.
For database activities, trigger events are closely related to table triggers:
There are "before" and "after" trigger events with specified signatures for each database action.
Page trigger events
When the system executes specific activities in a page object, Page Trigger events are produced automatically by the system.
Standard page triggers like OnOpenPage, OnClosePage, and OnAction are closely related to page trigger events.
For detailed explanation check this video